If you are familiar with Android devices or Android apps, then you should already know that Android apps are packed as APK files. Just like Windows Applications comes with EXE extension, Android applications has the APK extension.
Now there are two methods available for installing any Android app on your devices. You can Download and install the app from Google Play Store (Recommended for Most People), or you can download the apk file and install it manually on the device.
Recommended Read: How to Activate WhatsApp Video Calling.
Google Play store is pretty good, So usually you don’t need to download APK files directly on your Android device. But there are still some scenarios where downloading the APK file is the only way.
How to Download APK file from Google Play Store
Google Play has the largest collection of Android apps, and if you download APK from Play Store then there is no need for you to worry about any Virus or Malware issue. That’s why comparing to any other Android app marketplace like 9apps it’s better for you to learn how to download APK files from Google Play.
You can watch the video below to find out how to download and install APK files from Google Play or read the text guide below the video.
Also Read: How to Fix Unfortunately Android Keyboard Has Stopped Error.
Downloading APK from Google Play is very easy, all you need to do is copy the Google Play URL of the app which you want to download and go to any google play apk downloader site like http://apk-dl.com/, http://apk-downloaders.com/ or http://apkleecher.com/ and just paste the copied URL there.
Next, you need to click on the Generate Download Link Button and within second you will see the link for downloading the APK file.
Also Read: How to Transfer Files Between Android/iPhone/iPad and PC using WiFi Router.
Why Download APK from Google Play Store
- Billions of people use Google play every day. Maybe that’s why i have personally experience that sometimes it becomes unresponsive and gives very slow downloading speed.
- Google Play Sometimes shows a particular app is incompatible with your device. However, you may know that there will be no problem if you use that app.
- Few apps on Google Play Store has geo-restrictions. So you have to install it manually(by downloading APK first) if you want to use it.
- Devices like Amazon Kindle Tablet don’t have Google Play App, so if you want to install an app on that device, you would need to transfer the APK file.
- You can save a lot of Internet Bandwidth(Data) if you download APK directly and save it on your SD card. So, if you uninstall the app for some reason in the future, you don’t need the internet to reinstall it.
Sometimes you won’t be able to download some individual apps on the first try. For Instance, few days back one of my blog readers commented on a post that she is unable to download hotstar apk from any site. However, after trying few times she was able to download it, so keep trying.
How these Sites Works: Most of these sites fetch the APK file from Google play to their servers for a limited time and give you the download link. Please note that none of these sites will allow you to download a premium Android apps APK file. So don’t dream that you will be able directly to download premium Android apps and games APK files from Google play using this trick Because it’s Impossible.