You can follow this step by step guide to learn how to get rid of the “This app has been blocked for your protection” error in your windows 10 computer. I faced this error on windows 10 but, if you experience this on any other windows os then also this tutorial will be helpful as the process is pretty same.
Recently I had upgraded my desktop computer from windows 7 to the new windows 10 OS. Using windows 10 is pretty cool. But, after few days of upgrading I faced the error whare I was unable to run some of very necessary application. The error which I was facing was ” This app has been blocked for your protection”.
Instantly I did a quick google search about the error and I found that most of the people was facing this error when they try to install any application software on their computer, but I was facing this when trying to run an already installed application. (Update: After some time like everybody I was also facing problems when trying to install new applications).
Also Read: How to Enable or Disable Tablet Mode in Windows 10 Computers
It was the first time that I faced this kind of error. It took a long time for me to figure out what need to do in order to fix the error. So, here in this post I’m sharing the method which actually helped me to solve this error. So start following the step by step guide below to figure out how to get rid of this irritating error from your computer.
How to Fix ‘This App Has Been Blocked For Your Protection’ Error
Solve this Error by Enabling and Using the Administrator Account
You may have noticed that the error says “An administrator has blocked you from using this app, for more information contact the administrator”. So, for solving this you need to enable the administrator account in your computer to run the app.
Now windows 10 has a hidden administrator account which you can enable using the command prompt and log in using that to install or run any app which you were unable to run on your computer. Follow the step by step guide below and learn how to solve this error using this method.
Also Read: How to Recover Permanently Deleted Files in Windows 8.1/8/7
- Right Click on the Windows Icon and then click on “Command Prompt (Admin)”.
- Windows will ask for your permission click on yes and a new command prompt window will open.
- Now type this command without quotes – “net user administrator /active:yes” You should see the message saying “command completed successfully”.
- Now click on the Smart Button and click on the user account title at the top-left, now click on Sign-Out.
- On login screen you will see Administrator, now log in using the Administrator Account and now you will be able to run or install the application on your computer.
- Once you have installed the app, log out from administrator account and Disable the Administrator account.
For disabling the administrator account, you need to do step 1 and step 2 and now this time at the command prompt window enter the follow command without quotes.
“net user administrator /active:no”
So that was step by step guide on solving “This app has been blocked for your protection”. Hope you find it helpful. At the time of entering the command, enter the right words, otherwise it won’t work. Then you will be like -“I have done what you have said, then why it’s not working correctly”. Follow this guide carefully and it will surely solve your problem. Meanwhile, share this post on social media, have a good day.