Having a WiFi coverage in your home or office is crucial nowadays, but we encounter many uninvited leechers in our network. Having too many active wifi devices connected to your router may slow your internet down or make your router misbehave. If you purchased a WiFi router and pay for its connection, you deserve smooth and uninterrupted internet access. But having a router without any precautions and security can be a real pain. In this article, we will tell you best ways to kick unwanted people off your WiFi. Read this article completely because we will add a bonus method to kick everyone else in a public WiFi too.
There are several ways to keep unwanted people off your WiFi, but most of these create a mess for your alias too. So, we will cover every possible and efficient method to make sure that no foreign devices remain connected (or connect) to your WiFi. So let’s get started.
Recommended Read: Download SHAREit for PC Laptop Windows 7/10/8/8.1 (If computer has WiFi then you must download this app.)
Best Ways To Kick People Off Your WiFi
- Changing Password – This is the most traditional way to remove unwanted users from your WiFi. This also restricts people who don’t know the new password to connect to your WiFi in future. Changing password method actually works great, you just need to access your router’s admin panel at 192.168.1.1 and set a new password.
- Changing Your WiFi Name – There are times when we just enter the password in a visitor’s device but don’t tell them the password. But what happens is, the device gets connected to WiFi as soon as it comes in the network range. This can be a real pain, because you just temporarily wanted to allow that device on your network. In this scenario, you can just change your WiFi’s name and those devices won’t connect to your network again because the WiFi name and password won’t match.
- Blocking Mac Address – You can use this method – If you find any unrecognized device connected to your WiFi or you simply want to particularly ban someone from your network. To do this you just need to login into your router’s admin panel and navigate to connections manager. Once you block that mac, the router will kick that device off your WiFi and won’t let it connect again.
- Allowing Only Specific Mac Addresses – Most of the routers have an option to allow only specific devices using their Mac addresses. You just need to enter those sets of mac addresses in your router’s admin panel.
Must Read: 4 Ways to Fix WhatsApp Web Not Working Problem.
- Allowing Limited No Of Devices – You can also limited the number of devices to connect with your WiFi at time. It will eliminate any extra load on the network and enhance the connection speed.
- Calling for Support – You can also call your ISP for support and let them know that someone is using your WiFi, follow the instructions which the support executive suggests.
Bonus Method – Kick Everyone Off From A Public WiFi
A Public WiFi becomes too slow when too many people are connected with it, you can cut everyone’s connection so that you are the only one using the WiFI. This makes sure that you are getting the maximum possible speed by eliminating all other users of the WiFi.
In this method, we will be using an application called WiFiKill Pro which is available on Google Play Store.
- Download WiFiKill Pro from Google Play Store.
- Install the application and follow the on-screen instructions.
- Now Open WiFiKill Pro and tap on Scan, it will scan the WiFi for all other connected devices. It will also show details of the router and its mac address.
- Now just with a single tap, you can disconnect up to 254 connected devices.
No one wants unwanted users connected in a personal WiFi, we hope that this guide will help you eliminate your problems. We built this guide by doing a wide research and made sure that its easy to understand and execute. However, you are free to use the comments section if you are facing any difficulties. Your thoughts and experiences while implementing these processes are always welcome, share with us.